Wednesday, June 15, 2011

11 lbs 6 oz Baby in my Belly

Yesterday, at exactly 34 weeks I had my last and final growth scan to check in on the babies. I always enjoy having the ultrasounds, hearing their heartbeats, watching them wiggle around and hearing how well they are doing.

Both babies have been measuring ahead at all my ultrasounds so I've come to expect that. My 30 week ultrasound was the first one that Little Guy (baby B) measured larger than Baby Girl (baby A).

As it turns out, Little Guy is not so little anymore! He's weighing in at an estimated 6 lbs 1 oz, which puts him at the 95th percentile and actually measuring 36 weeks instead of 34 weeks. Holy smokes that a big baby! His heart rate was perfect at 134 and everything was just as it should be, thankfully!

Baby Girl weighed in at 5 lbs 5 oz, which puts her at the 75th percentile and has her measuring 35 weeks instead of 34 weeks. Her heart rate was 136 and she was perfect in every way!

Both babies are now transverse and as the MFM put it, Baby Girl has the bottom bunk and Little Guy has the top bunk. Their heads are together, which I'm probably envisioning is much cuter than it really it is.

While I'm thrilled both babies are wonderful and measuring nice and big, I expressed my concern that both babies are measuring so big and I still have 4 weeks to get me to the 38 week mark. The doctor seemed pretty confident I'd go into labor on my own before 38 weeks. He said the babies are measuring big and I have a small frame so he wouldn't be surprised if I had them within 2 weeks or so.

Yikes....enter panic mode! I almost started crying. I'm scared shitless and hardly feel ready! On the contrary, Michael is thrilled and super excited. He said it was the best appointment yet because he's so excited to meet our two little miracles. While I am too, I'm worried about their lung development among other complications if they are born too early, finishing their nursery, installing car seats, buying diapers and crib mattresses (my list could go on and on).

I go see my OB on Monday and we will definitely be having a chat about this. I also want him to do an internal and tell me if I'm starting to dialate as I feel that is a better indicator of an impending labor.

In the meantime, I will be frantically trying to get my shit together and finish up all the last minute items 'just in case'.

1 comment:

  1. Thats so exciting!! Enjoy your last few weeks of no babies and relax as much as you can. I found that making lists and trying to complete a few things each day totally helped calm my nerves. I am so excited for you guys!!! Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete