Thursday, June 16, 2011

34 Weeks

Its been an eventful week for me. On Sunday had my baby shower, hosted by Michael's 4 aunts. It was a beautiful day, beautiful decorations, delicious food and wonderful family and friends to share the day with. I couldn't believe how emotionally overwhelmed I felt throughout the day. I just couldn't believe, after all I've been through, that I was finally in the home stretch and sharing it with such amazing people. We got a lot of wonderful gifts and an insane amount of baby clothes. It seemed most people arrived with a 'his' and 'hers' gift bag, which is quite thoughtful, but made for a lot of gifts to open!

Probably the most sentimental gift I got was from Annie, my sister in law. Among other things, she put a picture of her two kids (Riland, age 6 and Bergen, age 3) in a 'Cousins' frame that a sweet little saying on it. Riland also wrote a note (in blue marker) saying 'I can't wait to meet you'. Of course my eyes swelled up with tears.

I also had any ultrasound on Tuesday, which I wrote about in the previous post. This put a little panic in me and garnered excitement in Michael. He's says he's just anxious to meet the babies, but part of me thinks he's tired of hearing me complain about all the fluid I've been retaining.

This fluid is slowly taking over my body. What started just in my feet, progressed to my ankles and calves and this morning my thighs. It looks so bad and I'm so embarrassed. I know I shouldn't be, but its just not me. I look down and cannot believe these are my legs. What the hell happened?

The one thing I keep telling myself is that its not permanent. I've been lucky enough to avoid stretch marks (at least so far) so I should suck it up and deal with the swollen lower extremities like the tough bitch I am.

How far along: 34 weeks
Weight loss/gain: 34 lbs
Maternity clothes: yes
Sleep: not so good
Best moment this week: Baby shower with family and friends
Food cravings: once again, I can't get enough watermelon
Gender: boy/girl
What I'm missing: easily finding a pair of shoes to wear
What I'm looking forward to: finishing the nursery this weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment