Tuesday, May 17, 2011

30 Weeks


I'm starting my count down now. 8 weeks or less to go since Dr. J. or Dr. Flintstone as Michael likes to call him (because he's a character, he delivered me and therefore old) said he wouldn't let me go past 38 weeks.


On one hand, 8 weeks makes me feel panicked. There is still so much to do, my shower isn't until June 12th and until then, I pretty much have a bare nursery with the exception of furniture. I had a dream the other night that the babies were born early and we didn't have any mattresses for the cribs nor did we have diapers (both of which are a current reality) so the babies had to sleep in the bathtub and they were wrapped in the shower curtain liner. Talk about Mother of the Year! Clearly, I don't feel prepared.


On the other hand, I feel huge and cannot imagine my body handling 8 more weeks of this while getting bigger. Carrying this extra weight really takes a toll on one's body and it makes me thankful that I'm fit and healthy both pre-pregnancy and during pregnancy.


How far along: 30 weeks

Weight gain/loss: 24 lbs

Maternity clothes: yes

Sleep: between bathroom breaks, switching sides to sleep on and braxton hicks contractions waking me up, sleep has not been the best

Best moment this week: putting all the furniture into the nursery

Food cravings: pineapple, unfortunately the pineapple I bought was so bitter

Gender: boy/girl

What I'm missing: a good nights sleep

What I'm looking forward to: our next ultrasound in an hour - can't wait to see my sweet son and daughter

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Rebecca, I can't believe you're 30 weeks pregnant already. It seems like pregnancy flies by when it's not your own.

    I think you look fantastic. And don't panic, everything will come together in time for babies arrival.

    ReplyDelete