Friday, January 7, 2011

OB Appointment: Nervous

I went in yesterday for a routine OB appointment. Michael didn't go with me because my OB doesn't do ultrasounds at his office, so I thought it would be uneventful.

I got into the room and the nurse said he would try and hear the baby's heartbeats, but that it was early, they normally don't try until 13 weeks. At that point, I should have said, no, I'd prefer to wait until I was further along, but I didn't.

Dr. J. found Baby B's heartbeat right away, but never found Baby A's heartbeat. He told me not to worry, it could be the position of the baby or that it was just too early. Of course, I really didn't enjoy hearing the heartbeat, because I was so nervous and without Michael there, it just wasn't what it should be.

I'm so disappointed in the whole experience and to top it off, now I'm worried. I go in on Wednesday for my NT scan and appointment with my MFM. I'm debating on whether or not I should go in for an earlier u/s or just wait it out.

4 comments:

  1. Aw Rebecca, I'm sorry you're going through this. Will a second ultrasound ease your worries? Will it help to know either way? I think I'd find it necessary for myself to not wait until Wednesday, but, that's just me.

    Good luck hun! I'll be thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be stressed too- but probably too early or the position. Keep us posted. Sending you lots of thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it's harder to find both heartbeats with 2! It took my Dr. a while to find our little one and we just have 1 in there! I tried with our home doppler when we first got it but couldn't find it. They move around a lot too. Thoughts and prayers for you---keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They couldn't find my LO's h/b when they checked at 12 weeks & I FREAKED out. So my OB sent me for a last min. u/s. Come to find out, she was just further back in my ute than the doppler could pick up. It gave me so much peace of mind. I think you should ask for one just so you don't worry all weekend. GL sweetie...praying everything is just fine!

    ReplyDelete