Tuesday, January 26, 2010

2 Embryos on Board

I've been really bad at posting and keeping this updated. I'd like to blame my husband. I'm convinced he downloaded some kind of a virus on our computer at home and its been out of commission for 5 days now. I've finally gotten a lull at work and figured I write a quick update.

Wednesday's egg retrieval resulted in 7 mature eggs. Unfortunately, only 3 of them fertilized normally. Of course we spent the three days leading up to the embryo transfer worrying and reliving our last round of IVF where we had nothing left to transfer.

On Saturday we went in and were pleasantly surprised to learn we still had 3 developing embryos. They are graded on a scale of 1-4, with 4 being the best. After 3 days, they like to see the embryos at an 8 cell embryo. Here is what we had:

10-cell grade 4
8-cell grade 3
10-cell grade 2

We transferred the 10-cell grade 4 and 8-cell grade 3 as those were the strongest and graded the best. The 10-cell grade 2 was kept in the lab to monitor and see what it does. If it makes it another 3 days then they will freeze it.

I can't even tell how you amazing it was to know we were putting back two embryos that could potentially be our children. Its been such an emotional journey and clearly we are praying our hearts out for this cycle to end with a pregnancy. As soon as our computer is fixed, I will scan and post the picture of our embryos.

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! That's so exciting my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on PUPO! Fingers and toes crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful!! Keep up the good work embryos :)

    ReplyDelete