Monday, January 11, 2010

And We're Off....No Scrambled Eggs for Me

Although my IVF cycle tecnhnically started on 12/25 when I began the birth control, it really feels like it started last night. I started my diluted dose of Lupron on Friday and then started my Gonal-F (stims) last night.

I still haven't decided if I'm more nervous or excited. I still carry with me that renewed sense of hope the new doctor and protocol instilled in me back in October. I'm just now starting to see the difference a new doctor makes. I'm on a totally different protocol, my first dose of stims last night was 450 compared to the 150 I was for the first round of IVF.

This has to be a good thing, right? I mean I know I will never produce 20 eggs due to my low antral follicle count, but hopefully I can get at more than 4 mature eggs. I promise not to scramble or hardboil them......

4 comments:

  1. So glad things are going well so far! Praying for great eggs as well as many eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to hear you have such confidence in your new RE and protocol. I hope it makes a world of a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I'm glad things are looking better for you this cycle and your with a new doctor that will listen and watch you more carefully. I sent you an e-mail about the Chicago GTG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete