Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 7 Stim Check

This morning we traveled an hour to our RE's main office for another stim check. This was my first stim check at this office and it started off on the wrong foot. Perhaps I'm a bit sensitive and irritable, but when the nurse called out Becky and was looking right in my face I was totally annoyed. Granted I grew up as Becky and my family still calls me Becky, but all my paperwork says Rebecca. Why the hell did she call me Becky? She quickly apologized why I snidely asked her if she was talking to me.

We went back into the ultrasound room and she seemed to have a very difficult time reading my left ovary as it was high. I'm not even sure she knew what she was doing and actually got on her phone during the procedure asking another nurse to come in and help. I'm not putting too much stock into my results because somewhere in the last two days I've lost a couple follicles. How the hell does that happen?

After the ultrasound, the nurse that came in to assist actually finished up with me and blood work. She must have been able to tell how damn irritated I was. Anyways, here is where we stand:

Left ovary: 15, 14, 14, 10, 9 and 4 smaller ones
Right ovary: 15, 12 and 3 smaller ones
e2: 1430

I'm continuing at my 375 of Gonal-F, 20 units of diluted Lupron and 10 units of low dose HCG. I have go back tomorrow morning for another check. Of course they cannot get me until 7:50 am. Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you had to deal with that, hope tomorrows u/s goes more smoothly with a more experienced nurse. I dunno if its possible to really lose follicles but I do know that they can be hiding and make it difficult to see. Specially if they knew they irritated you, they might not have "looked" properly. I'm not sure though.

    GL tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete