Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Trigger tonight and egg retrieval on Friday

I went in again this morning for monitoring - third day in a row. This always seems to happen. Its like I'm almost there but not yet and I go in several days in a row.

Needless to say, I was happy when my phone rang and caller ID showed it was Cindy calling with my news. The first she said was Dr. Deutch is really excited with the way I've been responding. My e2 is the highest its ever been and I have more (and more mature) follies than I've ever had (thank you DHEA).

Here is where I'm at at trigger with the caveat that Dr. D. did this ultrasound and the last two have been done by Cindy. She said he doesn't measure all of them, only the several biggest ones.

e2: 3, 481
Lining: 10
Right ovary: 14, 14, 14, 15, 16
Left ovary: 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, 17, 20

Cindy said they expect to get somewhere around 10 at retrieval - could be less, could be more. Either way I'm totally stoked. As recap, IVF #1 yielded 3 mature eggs, IVF #2 yielded 7 mature eggs and I'm really hoping our last and final IVF kicks some serious egg-ass.

I trigger tonight at 9:50 pm and egg retrieval is Friday at 7:50 am.

I called Michael with the exciting news and also alerted him that we either needed to have sex tonight or he needed to take care of himself. He laughed and told me he would try to wait until I got home from work. Nice answer big guy.

Unfortunately, the IVF bloat, terrible complexion and bruised up blood-drawing arms don't make me feel all too sexy....unless of course we role play that I'm a dirty IV-drug user, because that's sorta what I feel like.

3 comments: