Monday, June 28, 2010

Second beta equally as bad

I got more bad news again today. My beta hadn't changed since Friday. It was still 7.9. What boggles my mind though, are the positive home pregnancy tests I've gotten, Saturday, Sunday and today. I just cannot believe a 7.9 would show up as positive.

I was told to stop the progesterone and estrogen and come back in on Friday to make sure its going down to zero. Part of me wants to keep taking it and hope for a miracle, but the other side of me says let it go and move on.

The problem now is that I feel like I can get pregnant and I really want to try again. Like maybe there is hope for biological baby. I'm guessing this is the same part of me that wants to keep taking the meds.

Unfortunately, we are now100% out of pocket on all infertility and adoption costs and I just can't fathom the financial risk of trying IVF #4 with my eggs and Michael's sperm. I mean we've already had 3 failed attempts.

9 comments:

  1. Oh Rebecca, I'm so sorry. I was praying and praying for you and Michael. Your baby will come along somehow, I know it will. Even if it's not the way you'd hoped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey, I feel your pain. We've been completely OOP from the begining, and are on our fourth and final attempt starting late this month. It's so very hard. The doc's thought it would be so easy for us to get pregnant, but it just hasn't been. Our parents were geneous and blessed us by purchasing our first two cycle plan, and them my parents purchased this final two cycle plan...but after that, we're done. I'll be praying for you for comfort and the decisions you have coming up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so very sorry. I just don't know what else to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweetie, I am so so sorry. :( I hope that you find peace in whatever next steps you guys decide to pursue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl, so sorry to hear about all this mess. I totally understand where you are coming from with all the failed attempts. We failed at IVF #1, #2, #3, got pregnant with IVF #4 but it was a chemical pregnancy, but then finally achieved our miracle with IVF #5 with our frozen embryo!
    I know you have a lot of decisions to make. It is hard to think about the money issues...but you do what is best for you and your family!
    Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Rebecca,

    I keep checking in to see if you've updated... I hope you are managing ok. Please let us know where you are at emotionally. You are on my mind. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Girl,
    You've been MIA for a while, and I totally understand. Not sure where things stand for you right now, but I'm here. DE has saved my life, and if you're considering taking that route, I'm here to help.

    E.S.

    ReplyDelete