Monday, June 7, 2010

In the midst of IVF #3

I've been a bad blogger. We took a 3 month break and I just recently started stims for our last and final IVF on 5/30/10. It wasn't until I was curious about my follicles and e2 and looked back at my blog that I decided I should keep blogging.

In the 3 month break, I started taking DHEA, which I had to twist Dr. Deutch's arm in order for him to prescribe. Hopefully the DHEA has helped improve my egg quality and quantity.

I'm doing the microdose-lupron protocol. I'm on 20 units of diluted lupron twice daily, 450 units of gonal-f, 10 units of low dose HCG and baby asprin.

I went in for monitoring this morning and the picture looks a little something like this:

e2: 1,980
Right ovary: 11, 11, 12, 13, 15, 17
Left ovary: 10, 12, 12, 12, 13, 14
And 5 smaller ones

I started this cycle with the highest antral follicle count I've ever had, 17, rather than 11 and 9. I like to think this is because of the DHEA. I was also complimented on my ovaries looking better than they've ever looked. Quite possibly the best compliment I've ever received.

I go back tomorrow and I'm guessing I will be triggering tomorrow night. My fingers are really crossed. We are out of insurance coverage after this one so our next options would be out of pocket for donor eggs and sperm or adoption.

6 comments:

  1. It's good to have you back. It sounds like you are going to have a great follie count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back and all is going well. Hope this is it for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wondering how you've been doing. I'm glad your back and good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking about you! I've got my fingers crossed for you. Keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wondering about you and hoping you would return to the blogger world. I stumbled upon your blog a while back and have followed your journey since. I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and hope it all works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to see your back! I'm gearing up for my final IVF too, so I know how scary it can be...I pray you are blessed!

    ReplyDelete